Some of you may know me as @emilygetsfit on Twitter – for those of you that don’t, I’m Emily and I’m an active Type 1 Diabetic who eats healthy (lean, clean, and green) and is a member of the Tone It Up community.
I wanted to start a casual blog about my current on-going journey with the Omnipod insulin pump, as well as living a healthy life as a Type 1 Diabetic.
Posts you can expect to find would be things like what food I’m eating, workouts I’m doing, how my pump journey is going, and whatever else I think is suitable :)
For those of you that don’t know me, here are some quick facts about me:
- I live in Washington state with my boyfriend of 5 years, but am originally from New York City
- I have been a Type 1 Diabetic since I was 18 months old (I was born 1989)
- I started using the Omnipod insulin pump July 3rd, 2012 (there’s me on the first day I
got to wear it!)
- I have been a member of the Tone It Up community since February of 2012. When I began I originally weighed 150, now I am 138 and counting!
- I love trying out different foods and different workouts; I also take a lot of pictures of my food to help me remember what I ate for possible recreation down the road
- Carob chips are my enemy, in a good way ;)
- I love finding motivation through visual references or music
- I love photography, but am pursuing a Bachelors of Science in Nursing, followed by a Masters in Nutrition so I can become a Diabetes Educator
I hope you enjoy reading about my journey! Don’t forget to find me on Twitter @emilygetsfit!